So today may have been the most rewarding day of my year thus far. While attending the Delta's Founders' Day celebration I spoke briefly with my friend Mynik, who told me with tons of excitement in her voice that she had really been doing a lot of thinking since we last spoke about her future goals and that she wants to attend graduate school for student affairs! It made me really happy that she found something and now had a much clearer vision of the "next step" but to be self serving for a minute it meant even more that she thanked me for the role I played in guiding her there. Today my picture is one of she and I 3 years ago and one of she an J. Marie tonight. When I look at the girl she was then and the young woman she is now it makes me so proud to call her my friend and hopefully one day my collage. Mynik you are amazing and I hope that you do persue a career in student affairs so that you can spread your light, knowledge and enthusiasm for life and learning with the next generation of students.
Side note on Janna's last night in the burg, good luck in NY and I know you are destine for greatness. Miss you already!

No comments:
Post a Comment